Fact sheet - Health conditions directory
Kunjin virus has been shown to be closely related to West Nile virus and is usually referred to as West Nile virus Kunjin subtype. Kunjin virus is spread by the bite of an infected mosquito. Although only a small number of cases of Kunjin are reported annually, the virus is known to occur in many parts of Australia.
Public health management guidelines
The Queensland Health guidelines for this condition are currently under review. Clinicians should contact their local public health unit for public health advice if they require it.
- List of all Pathological, clinical and provisional diagnosis notifiable conditions
- List of Public Health Unit contacts
- Notifiable conditions report form for Queensland clinicians (PHA S70) (PDF, 48kB) - if faxing notification, follow up by phone.
- Notification criteria for pathology laboratories (PDF, 55kB)
Enhanced surveillance for public health units
- Case report form (PDF, 227kB) - used by public health units to collect and manage more detailed information for enhanced case surveillance.