Public health management guidelines
- Notification criteria for pathology laboratories (PDF, 55kB)
- Communications (notification procedure)
- List of all Pathological, clinical and provisional diagnosis notifiable conditions
- List of Public Health Unit contacts
- Notifiable conditions report form for Queensland clinicians (PHA S70) (PDF, 48kB) - if faxing notification, follow up by phone.
Enhanced surveillance for public health units
- Case report form (PDF, 504kB) - used by public health units to collect and manage more detailed information for enhanced case surveillance.
Resources for health professionals
- Pandemic influenza – information and resources for health professionals.
- Australian Health Management Plan for Pandemic influenza (AHMPPI) - outlines Australia’s strategy to manage an influenza pandemic and minimise its impact on the health of Australians and our health system.
- Queensland Health pandemic influenza plan - provides a strategic outline of Queensland Health responses to an influenza pandemic. It does not include detailed operational procedures.
Epidemiological data and reports
- The changing phases of pandemic (H1N1) 2009 in Queensland: an overview of public health actions and epidemiology – Medical Journal of Australia article which provides an overview of the public health actions undertaken in Queensland in the initial phases of the pandemic, and present the epidemiological findings up to the declaration of the “Protect” phase of the response on 22 June 2009.
- Download Queensland influenza surveillance reports.