Fact sheet - Health conditions directory
Mumps is an infection of the salivary glands caused by the mumps virus. The most common gland affected is the parotid gland which causes swelling at the angle of the jaw in front of the ear.
Public health management guidelines
- List of all Pathological, clinical and provisional diagnosis notifiable conditions
- List of Public Health Unit contacts
- Notifiable conditions report form for Queensland clinicians (PHA S70) (PDF, 48kB) - if faxing notification, follow up by phone.
Enhanced surveillance for public health units
- Case report form (PDF, 504kB) - used by public health units to collect and manage more detailed information for enhanced case surveillance.
Resources for health professionals
- Immunisation – Queensland Health website for health professionals.
- Australian immunisation handbook - provides clinical guidelines for health professionals on the safest and most effective use of vaccines in their practice.