Fact sheet - Health conditions directory.
Hepatitis A (also known as infectious hepatitis) is an acute infection of the liver caused by the hepatitis A virus.
Public health management guidelines
- Read Queensland Health guidelines for public health units
- Read Communicable Diseases Network Australia guidelines
- List of all Pathological, clinical and provisional diagnosis notifiable conditions
- List of Public Health Unit contacts
- Notifiable conditions report form for Queensland clinicians (PHA S70) (PDF, 48kB) - if faxing notification, follow up by phone.
Enhanced surveillance for public health units
- Case report form (PDF, 258kB) - used by public health units to collect and manage more detailed information for enhanced case surveillance.
- Australian STI management guidelines - an online resource for primary care health professionals which provide concise information to support the prevention, testing, diagnosis, management and treatment of STIs.
Resources for health professionals
- Australian immunisation handbook - clinical guidelines for health professionals on the safest and most effective use of vaccines in their practice.
- Contact tracing - information and resources for health professionals.
Epidemiological data and reports
- View communicable diseases data for notifiable conditions in Queensland.
- Annual Surveillance Report – analysis of HIV, viral hepatitis and sexually transmissible infections in Australia produced by The Kirby Institute.